How to Update From Perfect Contact Form to Gator Forms
The old version of Gator Forms went under several different names:
- Perfect Easy & Powerful Contact Form
- Perfect Ajax Contact Form
- Perfect Contact Form
The new name of the plugin is simply “Gator Forms”.
This guide will show to update from the old plugin to Gator Forms.
Important: The update should be smooth and with no data loss. Your forms will operate exactly as before. However, as with any update, please make sure to take a backup first. Nothing is likely to go wrong, but it’s always good practice to take backups before updating.
If you are using the free version
The update can be done from the admin area of your WordPress site.
- Go the “Plugins” area of your WordPress site.
- Click “Update” for the old plugin. The plugin will update and you will see the new name: Gator Forms.
All your forms will keep working exactly as before.
If you are using the Pro version
You will need to uninstall the old Perfect Contact Form and then install Gator Forms Pro.
- Go to the “Plugins area of your WordPress site.
- Click “Deactivate”.
- Click “Delete”.
Now you can install Gator Forms Pro.
- Log in to the GatorForms.com site.
- Click “My Downloads”.
- Download the latest copy of Gator Forms Pro:
- Go back to your WordPress site admin area.
- Click “Plugins” then “Add New”.
- Click “Upload Plugin”.
- Choose the Gator Forms Pro files that you just downloaded and click “Install Now”.
- Click the “Activate Plugin” button.
- You should now see the “Gator Forms” link your menu.
- Click this link and make sure that all your old forms are working correctly.
After installing Gator Forms Pro, make sure you also enter your license key.