How to Use the Toggler Tab in Gator Forms
The Toggler Tab is one of the coolest ways to display your Gator Foms.
This is the perfect way to make your form always visible for users of your site. The Toggler Tab can be an always-on button with “Contact Us” in clear view, no matter which page your visitor is on.
If you’re new to Gator Forms, start by reading “How to Use the Gator Forms Plugin for WordPress“.
Putting a Gator Form in a Toggler Tab
- When creating your Gator Form, select the “Toggler Tab” option.
The Toggler Tab can be positioned in 6 different areas of the screen:
- Top left
- Top right
- Bottom left
- Bottom right
If you simply leave the default settings, you’ll see a tab on every page of your site:
Click the “Contact us” tab and your form will be immediately visible:
More Advanced Options for the Toggler Tab
The Position offset setting calculates the distance from the border of the screen to the toggler tab measured in px or in %.
- Go to the Position offset setting and give it a value of 40%
- Click the blue Save button on top and refresh the page with your form.
- The Toggler Tab is now on the right and it moved almost to the top of the screen.
You can also turn the button on it’s side.
- When editing your form, go to the Theme tab.
- Click the Theme Customizer button (this does require Gator Forms Pro).
- Scroll down to the Vertical Toggler Tab options and select “Yes”.
- Save your form and visit the front of your site.
- You’ll now see that your Toggler Tab is shown vertically on the screen.
Feel free to experiment with each of these configurations. This blog post is just an introduction to the Toggler tab but there are a ton of extra features.
If you want to see some really cool examples of the Toggler Tab, check out these guides:
- Show Gator Forms In a Pulldown at the Top of WordPress Sites
- How to Create UserVoice-style Feedback Tab in WordPress
Please leave a comment below if you have any questions about the Toggler Tab, or want to see any more examples of how it can be used.