How to Use the Toggler Button in Gator Forms
The “Toggler Button” is one of the layout options you have for your Gator Forms.
This will place a link inside a Post or Page. When a visitor clicks on that link, they will see the Gator Form.
- In your WordPress admin area, go to “Gator Forms”.
- Create a new Gator Form.
- Choose “Toggler Button”.
- Under the “Form after opening” area, choose “Accordion”.
- Under “Form position” choose the shortcode. It will use this format:
- Save your Gator Form.
- Open a Post, Page or other content item.
- Paste the shortcode into your content:
- Save your content and visit the front of your site.
- You’ll see the link inside your content:
When a visitor clicks on this “Contact us” link, the form will appear inside an accordion slide-down:
The main alternative to the accordion layout is a lightbox. You can replace “Accordion” with any of the “Lightbox” options for the form. If the visitor clicks the “Contact Us” link, they’ll see your form inside a pop-up lightbox.
Customizing the Toggler Button
It is possible to customize the design of your button. Doing this will require Gator Forms Pro.
- In your WordPress site, go to the “Gator Forms” link.
- Edit a form.
- Click the “Themes” tab.
- Click “Theme Customizer”.
- In the “Common” area you can add rounded corners and gradients:
Under “Toggler Button and Tab” you can change the color and icon for the tab:
Using the settings in the two images above, this is how your form will appear: