What are the Technical Requirements for Gator Forms?
We highly recommend that any website using UpStream also uses at least PHP 5.6.
Why PHP 5.6? Because PHP itself does not support anything lower than 5.6. Click here for more details on PHP version support. Any version of PHP before 5.6 doesn’t have security updates and will not keep your site safe.
Does my site meet the PHP requirements?
If you are unsure of what version of PHP your site is using, you can use the Health Check plugin to find out.
- After installing the Health Check plugin, go to Dashboard, then “Health Check”.
- You will now see your site’s technical details:
- If you click the “Debug Information” tab, there will be an easy cut-and-paste option so you can send us your site’s details:
- Database: MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- Server: We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and secure server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.
For the official WordPress recommendations, please check here.