Open a Gator Form Pop-Up With a Menu Link
Some websites make it really hard to contact them. The “Contact Us” page is hidden in the footer. The social media icons, if there any, lead to accounts where no-one ever replies.
Why not make it as easy as possible to contact you?!?
One good idea is to place a “Contact Us” in your menu. As soon as people click on it, they’ll get a pop-up box with a contact form. Your visitors don’t even need to visit a different page. That’s as easy as it gets.
This feature is only available in Gator Forms Pro.
Step #1. Create your form
- The first step is to create a Gator Form.
- Choose “Hidden before opening”.
- Make sure that the form will display “On all pages”.
- Look for the ID number. In the image above the ID number is 1. This will be very important for loading your form.
Step #2. Create the menu link
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Click the “Screen Options” tab in the top-right corner.
- Check the “CSS Classes” box.
- Enter the URL using this structure: http://example.com/#pwebcontact1_toggler. Replace “1” with the ID number that you found in the previous step. Also, please make sure to include the full domain name and URL.
- Put #pwebcontact1_toggler in the CSS Classes box. Again, replace “1” with the ID number.
Step #3. Test the menu link
- Go to the front of your site.
- Click the “Contact Us” link.
You will now see your form inside a pop-up. It will have all the settings that you choose when creating the form:
Step #4. Design your form
Go to the “Themes” tab of your Gator Form and click the “Theme Customizer”. You’ll be able to modify many areas of your form. For example, you can control the background for the lightbox:
You can also control the “Submit button“:
You can see that I’ve chosen Gator Forms colors! Here’s how those colors would look live on your site: